Fed up of dieting and want to learn how to manage your weight?
Are you ready to make positive lifestyle changes to improve your health?
If so, then join our FREE weight management service Choose to Change
Choose to Change Weight Management Service
Choose to Change is a specialist weight management service helping adults make lifestyle changes that will enable them to lose weight and improve their health.
The FREE programme differs from traditional weight loss programmes as it encourages lifelong changes to eating habits rather than short term diets. It helps people overcome their barriers to weight loss, make sensible food choices and become more active. It has produced many successful results.
You can access the service via a health professional referral such as a GP, nurse or dietitian.
How It Works
Once you have been successfully referred, the Choose to Change team will support you on every step of your journey - helping you change your lifestyle, lose weight and become fitter, healthier and happier.
What Can You Expect From The Programme?
- A two-hour consultation to assess your needs.
- 11 fortnightly sessions over six months.
- Support from a range of weight management specialists.
- Follow up sessions, newsletters and continuing support.
What Can You Expect From Each Session?
- A supportive and caring environment.
- Review of eating habits and updating of a monitoring diary.
- Tips on healthy eating.
- Guided weight loss advice.
- Information on how to maintain weight loss.
- Physical activity adapted for all abilities.
- Guidance on lifelong lifestyle and behavioural changes.
- Personal activity and nutrition goal setting at the end of each session.
How Can You Join?
- If you are committed to making a positive change, you can ask your GP or practice nurse to refer you to the programme. You must be over 18-years-old, have a BMI of >35 and have a chronic illness (e.g. diabetes).
For further information, contact the Choose to Change team on:
Tel: 01204 570 999