The Angel Medical Practice
(formerly known as Trinity Medical Practice)
Welcome to our website. We are a caring health care team based in two separate sites, Clarendon Surgery & The Angel Medical Practice. Patients can register and be seen at either of our branches.
At Clarendon Surgery & The Angel Medical Practice, our patient’s needs are at the heart of everything we do. Our team of healthcare professionals offer a number of services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
In direct response to our patient feedback we operate a same day access service for all our patients – for more information on how this works click on our appointments page.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE; NEW PHONE NUMBER WITH EFFECT FROM 4TH OCTOBER:
We are updating our telephone system with effect from 4th October 2019 in response to our patient feedback and to improve the quality of our service delivery. This means a change in telephone provider and also our surgery telephone number to 0161-983-0190. We do not anticipate any issues on the changeover day but please bear with us if any occur.
Surgery Connect supports highly efficient call management across multiple or single practices with features that are built around the needs of general practice:
- A call recording functionality is available for landlines and mobiles, inbound and outbound to support both patients and surgery.
- Dealing with peaks of inbound calls when appointment lines open is challenge. Queue busting allows patients to be automatically called back, rather than have to wait in a queue.
- Call routing can distribute calls across multiple sites and groups, and be linked to the needs of specific patients.
- Call and video consultation recordings and history are linked to individual patient records.
- Single click dialling of patients from clinical records saves time and avoids errors.
- Administrators can listen in to reception calls, helping support staff in training.
- Automated voice reminders can be set up, helping in times of high demand.
- Calendar events can be added to control hours and days of operation, and automatically signpost callers to alternative numbers.
- Surgery Connect is resilient: mobile phone back up means that calls can be routed to mobiles, in case phone lines lose connectivity.
- Multiple languages can be supported, by recognising the speech input of the caller.
- Inbound and outbound video calls are supported, and we are working on the use of AI to help process calls
Bank Holidays This Year:
We shall be closed on:
Wednesday 25th December 2019
Thursday 26th December 2019
If you need help or advice when we are closed please contact
Please see opening times for our normal working hours
We are excited to announce that we now live with eConsult – the online consultation software that gives patients a response from their GP within 48 hours.
It is no secret that GP Practices face increasing pressure to help patients get the right medical advice they need, as quickly as possible.
At Clarendon Surgery & The Angel Medical Practice we pride ourselves on continually looking at new ways to improve our service and we recognise that the vast majority of our patients prefer the same day telephone consultation system we provide, there are others who would prefer a different type of access. Therefore, in order to ensure we meet the ever increasing demand and needs of our patients whilst ensuring resources are utilised appropriately, we need to adapt the way we deliver care and look at new ways of supporting our patients.
We want to challenge the status quo and provide a more efficient service that enables patients to contact us digitally.
We will only improve access and the services we provide with the help and support of our patients.
What is eConsult?
eConsult is an evidence based online platform that enables patients to request medical advice from their GP by simply undergoing an online consultation. During the online consultation patients may be provided with advice for self-help or for them to contact other services to receive the care that aligns with their symptoms. For example, the patient may be signposted to a pharmacy for minor ailments or emergency services for signs of critical illness. Patients can submit an eConsult for a condition they have of which they want advice on (e.g. heart disease) or a new condition.
If a GP feels that a patient needs a face-to-face appointment then they will contact the patient within 48 hours and invite them in for an appointment that same day. For many medical queries (approximately 65%), the GP can and will complete the patient request remotely and/or during a telephone encounter within 48 hours of submitting an eConsult.
What are the benefits to patients?
• not have to wait in a long telephone queue to request an appointment at 8am
• patients can send an eConsult at a time convenient to them and not have to wait until the surgery is open
• Capture illness sooner – no waiting days for an appointment to get an important diagnosis
• receive medical advice 24/7 via eConsult’s self help online services
• Patients have their symptoms remotely assessed by their own family GP and contact within 48 hours potentially without the need to visit the surgery in person
• Patients won’t necessarily have to take time off work or use holiday entitlement for the sake of a 10 minute GP consultation
We are confident that eConsult will significantly improve patient experience at Clarendon Surgery & The Angel Medical Practice. eConsult is used in over 640 NHS practices and used by over 6 million people throughout the UK and has demonstrated high patient satisfaction and excellent outcomes.
We hope you will join us in supporting this significant service improvement that we know will greatly benefit our patient population and give them access to their GP when they need it most.
As this is a pilot project, we would welcome any comments and feedback regarding eConsult and further service improvements.
Please email: email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter
Visit us on Facebook
(Site updated 18/09/2019)